The job description below is intended to be a general statement of duties and responsibilities to be performed by individuals assigned to the position, however it is not exhaustive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate shear, bender and overhead cranes in an efficient and safe manner.
- Unload trailers and store material in designated bins.
- Assemble and load orders onto trucks/ trailers for shipping.
- Maintain clean and safe working area at all times.
- Report any maintenance and safety issues to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Knowledge, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to accurately count, measure and perform basic math.
- Must present a dependable attendance history.
- Must have reliable transportation/ Driver’s License.
- Past experience in rebar fabrication, material handling or machine operator required.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Ability to stand, sit, grab, lift, bend and walk for extended periods.
- Production facility is similar to an outdoor environment and working conditions can include hot/cold/ noisy/ dusty.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Long pants, safety boots, hard hats, hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times. Additional PPE as required.